Have you ever heard the expression, "Be careful what you pray for?" The more secular version substitutes "pray" for "wish" and ends, "you just might get it." I have been saying some rather weighty prayers for a long time. Specifically, I have been praying for several people and families God has placed on my heart, my church and it's outreach and missions programs, and for God to use me how he sees fit no matter how uncomfortable it makes me.
It was mind blowing, after months of praying, that God showed me in one day that he was listening and working on all of my prayers! I was elated that God could move mountains and do it with amazing timing. I just wasn't prepared for the many ways God wanted to use me. I was completely excited, but overwhelmed and taken to the limits of my comfort zone. My joy turned to panic. I began to worry that I wouldn't know what to do or say. I felt like Gideon, needing more proof that God was with me. (Judges 6) Retreat was immediately on my mind, however, God used Gideon with an army of 300 men to defeat an army of about 135,000 men! (Judges 7) He doesn't need me to be perfect for the work, he just needs me to go and have faith that He is perfect for the work. It's God who changes lives, reaches hearts, and wins the battles.
AMEN! Preach it sis.
ReplyDeleteYeah, Em, what Kevin said!
ReplyDelete