Isabelle hasn't been feeling very well for a few weeks. She's had an ear infection and finished antibiotics a week ago. Since then she has had a super runny nose, been really cranky, really constipated, complains of random itchiness, sore throat, and is occasionally pale. I'd normally take her back to the doctor, but she hasn't had a fever, plays happily, eats, drinks, and seems normal. It's so hard to know when a three-year old is really sick or just complaining for attention. My guess is she just has an old-fashioned winter cold.
So, last night when she was hiding behind a chair, not wanting to go poopy again, I asked her if she would tell me the truth. I was not ready for the conversation that followed.
Belle questioned, "About cuz I don't wanna poopy?"
I replied, "Yes, and what else is bugging you. Does anything else not feel good? Be honest."
Belle, "Well, my froat is kind of yucky and my hair hurts."
Mommy, "Oh, and is there anything else?"
Belle, "Well my ear is not good."
Mommy, "Which one?"
Belle, "This one....no wait, this one."
Mommy, "What does it feel like?"
Belle, "Bugs and bees and stingers and dog stink."
You'd think after seven years as a mommy, I wouldn't be surprised by anything. All I could do was cover my smile and say, OK.
On a happy note, Belle says she feels really good and all the bugs and bees flew away when I was carrying in the groceries today.
No comments:
Post a Comment